Program Information for 2018-2019
We are currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year. Please review the following information and apply below. The application deadline is June 30th. After that time we will be in contact with students to setup interviews to finish the application process.
2018-2019 – Program Outline
- Maximum number of students: 24
- Two Student Teams: Rookies and Frequent FLIers
- Weekly Meetings (school calendar: September – May)
- FLI meeting overseen by the Program Director.
- Weekly meetings will also include guest speakers and skill-based practicum sessions relating to internship readiness.
- Juniors and Seniors must participate in an internship or entrepreneurial intensive.
- All other students who are at least 14 years old may participate in an internship on a case-by-case basis, but our preference is that freshmen and sophomores spend time serving in volunteer roles before interning with a partner business.
- Internships will begin the week of October 8th
- Culminating Banquet / Presentation (May 2019)
- Summer Leadership Challenge (ropes course or similar event)
- $50 materials fee
- Summer Leadership Challenge will be additional expense – students will have guidance throughout the year to raise/save these funds.
- FLI will grant educational scholarships as funding allows to students requesting aid who are actively participating in the FLI program, regardless of whether a student has an apprenticeship.
- Scholarships will be administered through our Scholarship Committee, made up of the Program Director and two disinterested members of the Board of Directors, and will be weighted based on financial need.